The closure is made of highly corrosion-resistant offshore quality stainless steel. Due to its modular cable adapter system, it can be used with most cable designs and between cables from different manufacturers. Since 1990, Tykoflex has been a global supplier to the marine cable industry, with installations in the Baltic Sea, the North Sea and along the Australian and African coastlines.
We have a long history of certifying personnel and we take great pride in making sure that our customers are provided with the right level of competence to achieve optimum accuracy and precision.
Tykoflex Seaflex/Beachflex is a range of closures for different applications:
- Sea Cables to Sea Cables – at depths down to 3,000 metres
- Sea Cables to Sea Cables – at beach “landings” as line joints
- Sea Cable to Land Cables – at beaches and as line joints
- Sea Cable to Sea Cable with Land Cable branch off
- The splicing area is designed to accommodate up to 192 fibres
- The interior of the closure is filled with oil in order to protect the fibres
- The closure consists of a main closure kit, with the closure housing and rubber cable bend protections, and cable specific connection kits for each unique cable type
- Each type of cable connection kit is tested and certified in accordance with the requirements for the cable.
Read more: Seaflex Beachflex Joint Closures , Tykoflex in Extreme environments
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact us.